Did your Play Store app version get old? Are you here in order to update Play Store? You are in the right post. I will explain you how to update Play Store for your Android devices in a very easy way, so follow the steps below.
The fact of having an old version of Play Store on your Android devices can carry some problems, since all the apps are continuously updating in order to fix some problems and fit in a better way in the users lives. However, this does not happen only in Play Store app, but also in all the apps you have installed on your Android devices.
As you should know, talking about technology, we are living in a constantly changing world, everything gets old quickly and we all need to updated everything in order not to be behind others. In addition, if we do not updates technological things, they can even stop working somehow.
Therefore, you have to update Play Store in order to make the most of its benefits. I will show you some steps in order to update Play Store and not to get lost.
Why should you update Google Play Store to the newest version?
Like other applications, Google Play Store new updates in order to improve the app, fix some problems, get a better experience, integrate new functions and make Google Play Store even a safer and more secure app. Thus, developers of Google are constantly working on this and updating its apps, such as Play Store.
Therefore, it is important to update Google Play Store every time there is a new update, since you will be able to enjoy new functions and get a better experience.
Google Play Store usually updates itself automatically, since it is one of its characteristics, but sometimes, those updates do not happen as fast as we would like to, so we need a solution to this problem. Let’s see how you can update that app on your own in an easy and fast way.
How can I know that my Play Store app needs an update?
There is a method in order to know if you have the latest version of Play Store on your Android device. However, how can you know which version you have? Moreover, how can you know if your version of Play Store is the latest one? Let’s have an explanation to this.
First of all, you need to compare the version of Play Store you have at the moment to the latest version available. Follow the steps below to know the version of Play Store you have:
- Locate your System Settings Menu of your Android device.
- Access “Applications” and look up Play Store among your apps.
- Once you have found Play Store, select it and an additional menu will display. All the information and the version of your Play Store will appear on that new menu. The version of your Play Store are formed by a number code, for example, 12.4.19.
- Once you have discovered the version of your Play Store, you need to compare it to the latest version. In order to do this, access to an APK Mirror page and look for Play Store by typo “Play Store” on the search bar. This page will tell you the latest version of Play Store available. If it shows the same version, it is ok; instead, if it show a newer version, you will have to update Play Store. Keep on reading in order to update Play Store to the newest version.
How to update Play Store: step by step
Once you have figured out the version of Play Store that you have on your Android device, and once you have realized that you have an old version, you need to update it to the latest version. Follow the steps below in order to update Google Play Store to the newest version.
- You can update Google Play Store using Google Play Store itself. First of all, find “Settings” on your Android device, access “Applications” and find Google Play Store among all your apps. Once you have located it, select it and click on “Information” and “Play Store Version”. Your device will automatically look for the newest version. Once it has found the latest version, your device will update Google Play Store immediately.
This is the easier way, but sometimes it will not be able to show you the most recent version of Play Store, so you will have to look for another solution to his problem.
- Another method is updating Play Store manually. Although it has to be made manually, it will only take you few minutes. First of all, you need to accept the installation of apps from unknown origins in order to let your device install new apps from unofficial sites (out of Play Store). We recommend you downloading the latest version from APK Mirror, since it is a safe and secure site. Once you have accessed APK Mirror, look or Play Store by typing “APK Play Store” on the search bar. This page will show you the latest version. Download it and run it. After few minutes, you will have the new version of Google Play Store on your Android device.
After reading this post, you should know a couple of things:
- How important is to update Google Play Store, since developers of Google do their best in order to improve the app, fix some problems, get a better experience, integrate new functions and make Google Play Store even a safer and more secure app.
- How important is to update any app you have on your Android device.
Therefore, do not hesitate to update any app every time it is possible, since you will always get benefits of it.